View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 01:16 PM   #298
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
So, I vastly underestimated how long it'd take me to finish up this swap. The amount of fittings, tubes, hoses, brackets, and cable management science required has sucked up an unbelievable amount of time. It's like every time I go to the shop 8 hours vaporize and I end up with frustratingly little to show for it. This is why I enjoy bodywork so much more than tinkering with motors and shit. I feel so much more productive when I can see where the work has gone haha

So far I have:
• Reshaped the fuel hard lines so they'll hopefully be far enough from the header
• Plumbed fuel system and FPR
• Plumbed heater
• Plumbed and mounted swirl pot and coolant overflow
• Wired e-fans
• Plumbed radiator
• Cleaned, painted, and installed brake booster
• Cleaned and installed BMC
• Cleaned and installed CMC
• Plumbed clutch line (GK Tech rhd braided clutch line worked perfect)
• Partially plumbed catch can (Waiting on the can itself)
• Air intake set up
• Shifter mounted
• Wiring harness mocked up

Stuck at the wiring harness for now. Apparently there are 2 types of injectors and oil pressure sensors used on k24's and I have both of the wrong ones for the harness. Ordering a new oil pressure sensor was easy/cheap enough, but I didn't want to fork over a few hundred dollars for new injectors so I had to do a real deeeeep dive to find the right fucking injector clips since Wiring Specialties doesn't even stock them.

Fan/rad mockup (sooo much space)

Currently... I need to somehow keep the harness away from the header without making it look dumb

I kinda wanna chop the shifter a bit shorter and make it so I can run normal shift knobs. Reason #542 why I need a lathe.

Also, I took a hand-me-down diff to my diff guy to have a 2-way put in. I didn't pull the cover off to verify it was a good candidate before dropping it off, which was a mistake because a couple days later the diff guy sent me this photo lmao

Not only the worst welds I or he had ever seen, but the stubs we welded in so I couldn't even use the pumpkin ��

Lastly, I threw the hood on to check clearance and I've got about 2" of space to work with, which is amazing. I'd like to add a drop vent so that extra space is crucial.