View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 05:43 PM   #87
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Money talks.
List in XXX amount of dollars generally how much the fees will be and I gaurantee you'll see Zilvia members - drop like flies.
It's not even about Zilvia members, it's about 240SX enthusiasts in general.

Take this past year's convention for example. With all of the 240 owners in the 500+ mile "sphere of influence" from L.A. (which probably numbers over 200+ people) I had a VERY HARD time trying to fill up 75 spaces in the track event. Hell, Club 4AG has drift events for like $50 and people STILL complain! 240 owners too!

From experience doing track events, the bottom line is that it is a lot of money and time investment. Anything motorsport-related costs MONEY, and the more you run/the better you run, the more money you end up spending (either on events or on the car or on both).

Because the people on this board are spread out over a wide area (USA and Canada and such), it is impossible to pick a location that is satisfactory to everyone. Hell, I put on the LA convention and someone on this forum complained to me about the distance (and even had the nerve to ask me for gas money to attend the event). If this country was only 100 square miles in area, then it would be possible for everyone to attend the event, but since it is so large it is IMPOSSIBLE for the event location to satisfy all. You can only hope to put on an event in a satisfactory location to MOST people (or at least make it the same difficulty for EVERYONE to attend) and let people decide for themselves.

From what I've seen over the past 5-6 years, track events are too cost-prohibitive for 90% of 240 owners. At an average of $100-120 per day plus gas and wear/tear, most 240 owners (college, poor, no income to support spending habits) can't take track events on as a decent hobby... so if anyone here wants to plan a big event, I strongly suggest you make it simple and reduce the costs of said event so that it can appeal to everyone.

If all of us owned NSXs cost would not be a problem to almost everyone; unfortunately the car we have is cheap on the market, and with cheap cars you will find cheap owners that can't afford much. Just have to work with the crowd.

-alex
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote