View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #62
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
At the end of the day a custom tune is still better. However I will agree that today for the people that live in areas where they cant find a tuner, these 2 are GREAT options. I would have never said something like that 2 years ago!

Anyways,

Did this today with my sr20det.

9:1 cp pistons
eagle rods
stock head and cams with greddy ras
greddy im
n15 tb
jgy fuel rail
msd 72lb injectors
dual 255lph walbros
nismo fpr at 4bar
gt2871r .86 @24psi
jgy light flywheel
e85 only
and NISTUNE
Tuned by yours truly

I really wanted to spend more time but I drove the car to the dyno and I didnt bring any extra fuel. I know there is allot of room for improvement down low but I just didnt have enough fuel to make it back if I stayed on the dyno any longer.
Im impressed. I havent seen such numbers on a sr with that turbo.

Your peak hp is really high, awesome.

Why is it so laggy? Okay, you have a .86 housing, but it shouldn't take you until 5,000 RPM to see 300 ft-lbs....

Cody's and similar setups make 300 ft-lbs as early as 4000 RPM or so. There has gotta be something you can do to make that torque come in earlier.

As of now, your "strong" usable powerband is only 5000-7500 RPM.

With that big of a turbo, you should be able to keep breathing well out to 8000 RPM....I mean at 7400 RPM, your torque is JUST starting to taper off.

I think if you slap on some slightly larger cams and build the head, you should be able to rev out to 8500 RPM and still make really good power.

Oh yeah, I just read....STOCK CAMS?????????? With stock cams, why is it so laggy?

Looks promising based upon peak torque and how much tq you are making even at 7500 RPM....

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote