View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 10:39 PM   #187
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getchevyn View Post
I brought this car after college with cash. It was my 1st car and I didn't even know how to drive a stick until 4 weeks before this. It was my daily for about a year and I just love the way it looks so I brought another car(Mazda protégé, 5spd) and used that as my daily. This car has been parked in a garage since then(1992) and I used it as a weekend car. My job working for the government took me to far away countries so I always had another car to drive if not getting shot at. Thru the years I have purchased a Nissan Sentra, Mazda 6s, another Mazda 6s, a Nissan Altima, and now drive an Infiniti Q50S TT.

The Nissan 240SX always held a place in my heart. Seriously, I didn't even know about the "drift tax" until 1/2019. I drove it only during summer months and never in snow/salt. Most of the time I get approached by someone while filling the tank and asked me if it's for sale. Never gave it another thought and said no every time. $5000 was offered on the spot 14 months outside a gas station and it wasn't until then I search the internet and finally join this group.

As to the car it's 100% OEM original. It's a 5sp 1991 Nissan 240SX with AC, sunroof, sports package, Super HICAS, limited slip diff with 8697 miles. There is no rust as you can see by the pictures. The windshield was replaced in 1992 due to a chip and crack. Stereo doesn't work 100%. It sounds weak and I think it's because I haven't used it much. The tires are 100% original RE88 as you can see by the DOT# manufacture on the 44th week in 1990. Will change those tires this year. The body is 95%. Muffler is original as seen by the 11/90 manufactured date. Car runs well and like new. Drove about 150 miles last year and full fluid change and checkup by a Nissan dealership in 5/2019. The seatbelt buckle recall was done on that date.

I have a funny story to tell. The dealership called Nissan corporate for the replacement buckle and corporate told them not to bother because the car probably has too many miles. Once they heard the actual mileage, next question from Nissan was, "Is the car for sale?". The answer I told them and everyone else was "Not now and probably never"
...if this isn't the reason I made the thread, I don't know what else is.

Thank you for sharing this, man. This is so cool to see.

Funny how Nissan is quick to condemn these cars then tries to buy (probably on the cheap) them out from under us.