View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 07:13 PM   #92
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snilssson View Post
Absolutely wild build, I am always in awe of people that have the skills and time to do something like this. Cant wait to see it rolling!
Thanks! Skills maybe, but time is basically nonexistent now that we have twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
THIS was your first time tig welding??? holy shit i suck.

ALSO who made that carbon bumper bar???
I doubt I'm any better than anyone else with the torch, but I have been MIG welding for near 20 years so it's not like I'm unfamiliar behind a hood.
My first few TIG welds were truly awful though, luckily I had a few tube cutoffs to practice on first.

Bumper is an E46 M3 rear that I split in the middle and widened a little.
I almost put an E63 M6 support on instead, they look really cool but the shape isn't right.
I planned to carbon reinforce the whole thing but now that I have a gas tank covering the suspension I'll probably just throw an original support and rear bumper on.
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote