View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 06:53 AM   #115
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
^ This, CZP has helped answer my questions more than a few times about this.

If you go back a page or two you'll see the VR manual swap stuff, I used a Z1 flywheel, VQHR Competition Clutch single disk clutch/PP and CZP CMAK slave cylinder, 370z pilot bearing.
With the VQHR trans you'll have to notch the bellhousing for the crank position sensor.
This was all done before the new Z came out with a manual, so now it's possible to just buy these bolt-on parts from Nissan I believe.

The only real hassle with a VR/manual swap is the CAN communication to the auto trans TCM, without this you'll have an eternal error message on the dash and the ECM will need a custom flash to get the engine out of limp mode.

BTW I should have just bought a wrecked Q50/60 to strip, but I didn't know I would go this direction with the build.
I slowly pieced together the entire wiring harness & modules from multiple Q50's. You need to be very careful as there's a ton of options, 2.0/3.0/3.5/3.7 engines, DAS, adaptive headlights, BOSE, around view monitor, lane assist, proximity sensors, auto wipers, NAV, etc..
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote