View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
s13 loverr
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
s13 loverr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOnesxWai View Post
Save your money and not even eliminate the booster.. Your going to end up using alot more force to stop and doubling your chances of hitting someone in front of you. Never understood why being unsafe is cool
I think it would be fine....as long as it is put together properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripTerror View Post
tilton and ap racing is where its... im looking at the tilton 600 series (900 series is for ballers only).

Wilwood pedals flex... and no goody... better than stock sure but thats because stock sucks hairy balls. Tiltons are a good investment. Ap racing have some ultra baller ones too but are also insanely costly like the tilton 900 series and more
Ok thanks for the info! I will definitely look into them as I don't like the idea of my brakes not being secure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
Honestly, I think the real question is what is the purpose of your car?

A Wilwood setup with adjustable pressure may be a bit overkill on a car that is primarily street driven, where you will want your booster. If you've ever done threshold braking from 100+ mph without a booster, believe me, you better have nerves of steel and a strong leg, or have a safe runoff.

A lot goes into braking that a bunch of people neglect to think about...stiff front suspension can affect proper braking, and the best brakes in the world do no good without proper tires to maintain the grip.

So think about the car's main purpose and go from there.
My car is fairly built for track. It has powered by max suspension, almost everything is spherical, a large t3 turbo, and soon to be a full cage. I take it on the streets for fun, but it is a weekend fun car/track car.

I have seen multiple track cars use floor mounted pedal setups, so I think while 100mph braking takes balls it is possible. I am okay with having to use leg strength to brake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
You are correct- the Chase Bays kit uses a Wilwood reservoir. Mine leaked like a sieve, and I sold it. This was not the fault of Chase Bays, but the design of the Wilwood reservoir.

As someone who purchased and installed the complete CB kit, I would just leave your brake booster alone. All of the hassle and headache for something that is usually so simple is completely not worth it. If you do up the bay nicely, it won't matter that the booster is there.
Actually the whole reason for me not going straight to CB was hearing yours leaked. I saw your thread and after hearing their brake booster eliminator didn't work I decided that I was not going to deal with a hit and miss company. I have dealt with them before and they are great, but I don't want to trust my brakes with a possibly faulty product.

I have bought their powersteering kit along with their coolant overflow bottle and they forgot to send the overflow bottle. I contacted them and they were quick to send a new one, but the cap does not fit well and seems to not seal.

I do not want to retain the stock bmc, it drives me insane. I am a complete perfectionist and the stock bmc is just plain ugly. So, I would rather not; even if it is a hassle at first. I will just have to work around it and have a nice clean engine bay.
s13 loverr is offline   Reply With Quote