View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #59
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Over the years I always want to do a clean bay and shave/tuck everything. But my worst fear is going down a hole and never get it running again. I hope you over come it and make it work. You been a lot with this one. Hope it will finish soon bud.
I'd suggest having a metal fab shop do it, honestly this car would be on the road right now it weren't for all the work in the engine bay. (Also plenty of mistakes I made with the tubs and paint). Appreciate the support, fingers crossed the engine will be in it by June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Good stuff dude. Keep the motivation high!
You know it! Keeping on the work almost everyday right now. That light at the end of the tunnel might exist haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxamigo View Post
I was at this event! My hatch was white back then:

Great progress so far! Also, great choice re-stripping your bay and putting a new coat of primer. Etch primer isnt great, a better product you want for bare metal is a 2k epoxy primer, which seals the metal from moisture, especially in an engine bay that sees a ton of moisture and isn't sealed like the inside of the car. I'll be following to see your progress! Bring this to Spirit.JP once it's done
I was there and at lowstyle heroes, you were rippin as always. I went through you build as well, solid work through the years.

So that's what I ended up spraying. I had some of it flash dry and stick into the wet primer. I've got filler primer over it and I'm trying to wet sand down all the nubs of paint without cutting through the epoxy. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm planning to spectate Spirit.JP later this summer, hope I'll catch you there! No telling if the car will make it though ahah but that is the goal.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote