View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 03:29 AM   #76
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by futures14drift View Post
And just because im young does not mean i don't know how to approach things..
No offense, but having to ask people whether a RB20, SR20, or 2JZGE is better kind of debunks your statement. It comes off to me that you didn't do much research about the chassis or swaps before you got it. The motorset you got is great but for the money, I wouldn't say the best. Personally, a suspension and brakes would have been my first route of attack but hey, we all start somewhere.

I applaud you on getting a motorset that looks complete and quality - and expensive because I recall seeing Lt Shinysides thread - but 3K could have gotten you brand new PBMs, all the control arms, brakes, and still money to spare to keep that KA ticking until you did a little more research to choose a motor that truly fits your goals.

That's just my two cents and neither my opinion or anyone elses on here should veer your thinking. We're just giving you a heads up on the routes we have taken and what we would have changed/the routes we took and feel like we wouldn't change a thing. Suspension, brakes, and fixing all the fucked up shit you inherited by buying the car are always the first things to taken - at least in my opinion.

I wish you luck and I hope you realize we're here to help and not break you down. If you get defensive thinking we are bashing, you're in for a treat. I'll continue you following your build. If you ever need help, let me know. I'm local [will be in a month or so when I move back to MA] and never mind wrenching.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote