View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #30
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Well now that my new kid is a little more self sufficient and can entertain himself, I've been able to abuse my poor car some more. Decided that the placement of the intercooler was horrible, giving it more than its fair share of abuse, so I figured why not put it right where the old AC condensor used to be. While I was removing everything and test fitting the new spot I figured I might as well replace the front core support seeing how the previous owner's shop, did a half assed job of measuring and welding it in place for the s15 front end. While I was doing that, I knew I needed to get the wiring out of the way so that while I was welding new stuff, the harness wouldn't get fried. Thee-eeeeennn I figured since I had the front part of the chassis harnes pretty much out of the car already, I might as well do a wire tuck. So now, here I sit, with a plan that resembles a 2 yr olds finger painting, that originally started out with a simple intercooler relocation, that hasn't been done, that mutated into a semi tube front/bash bar fab, that has now transmorphorized into a mess which has led to the removal of the entire interior to get this wire tuck finished. Sometimes I really wish I had a different hobby, but I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. Anyway, here's the progress. Sorry for not taking more pics.

I separated the fuse boxes in half so I could snake them through the original holes w/o cutting new ones.

Couple pics of the interior gutted and the wiring taking control.

I bought some tubing and gathered some scrap for practicing and the new front end. But more of that later.
I'll try to get more pics tomorrow.

Last edited by ShadowMan; 04-08-2013 at 10:20 PM..
ShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote