View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 04:13 AM   #41
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketbunny240sx View Post
Well i brought my 240sx in to a professional shop and they said their gonna change my ecu considering its old now. So their giving me a nismo ecu system to tune the car and btw yes you are right my digital gauge has told me multiple times the car has too much air flow then too len and then when stopping rich and then its difficult to restart the car cuz its too rich. So id have to rev the engine while starting to get it back up and running. I hope they pros can get it working im getting the car fixed by friday. So their gonna have a new ecu and a good tune. The car can run 104 octane and also its been daily driven at 19-25 psi but i had to set it to 14 psi stock due to the leakage right? Im gonna try and have it reset again.
They lied, probably just add a sticker to your ECU. There are some nismo ECUs but they are different, old, and your map would not fit on it.

Also if the maps you have are set for 104 octane, you'd have melted your pistons or made holes in them. High octane = more timing = tons of detonation and swift engine death with regular octane.

Go away from that shop.

Quote:
Hey guys so i figured out what happened. It turns out one of my lifters or valves blew up cuz of my camshafts i have hks camshafts and i guess it probably hopped or something happened there but thats what was causing all the problems. I hope this helps you guys out for future use.
They lied again, go away from that shop. Your car would not run at all if you had a "blown lifter or bent valve". You'd hear it . A blown lifter would sound like a hammer in the engine, plus it would surely have broken a rocker as it would only have 1 lifter to push on. Your engine would not be turning anymore. Same as the bent valve.

Quote:
No the engine sounded the same it was running the same and not even the professionals knew till they popped off the valve cover
Let me guess ... they now want to sell you new cams and are happy to recycle your dead cams back ?

Can you name that shop, so other people DON'T end up there ?
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote