View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 09:51 PM   #58
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
I agree! ^

Autoselect brake master cylinder showed up as well as the brake line kit

The master cylinder came from a BNR34 so therefore was abs. I assumed when i bought it that it would be like some of the oem nissan BMCs and the third port would be blocked off and possibly need a flare fitting. Turned out the third port just wasnt drilled and i had to drill it out which was slightly terrifying on a ¥76,800 master...

I had to swap to a non-ABS brake booster so the lines wouldnt hit the strut tower. Anything to do with removing the brake booster/brake pedal bracket is my least favourite job to do on these cars lol

Everything on the brake line kit fit quite nicely, i did run the lines through some thermal sleeve as they are routed across the front crossmember and somewhat close to the downpipe. Also just helps to keep the lines all routed together nicely and protected from other elements (not just heat)

Other 2 wheels decided to show up after sitting in richmond for a week. Mounted some 215/40 RT615s on the 8J fronts and clearance wise everything seems perfect up front

Slowly making some more progress on the GTS-R covers on the side

Tomei Racing hooks showed up, super cool having some new in box parts the havent been made for ages. However i dont think im going to be running them, front one would sit way too low (possibly interfer with bumper as well) and rear one doent fit with the aero bumper.

They are super cool i think theyre just designed with a stock aero Silvia in mind. However i may incorporate the front one when i design/build a front bumper rebar and have it higher up. We'll see

Bought some stupid things last week. This is the kind of thing that keeps pushing back the actual "completion" of this car.. Basically ive been on the fence about getting these for the past 6 months and finally pulled the trigger.

I tried to re-upholster my factory panels but it was frustrating and i couldnt get it to look nice. Thats basically what convinced me to buy the carbon door panels. They wont be here until mid April- ish unfortunately but i cant wait.

Also picked up a couple of head cushions for my Zeta 1 since mine were missing... exciting stuff :/

Lastly heres an aero test fit shot with the Bomex valance i recently got!