View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 04:32 AM   #5
stock4door
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
stock4door is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to stock4door
Mainly I didn't notice it because he brought it in the factory bag, and it is and does look brand new. So I didn't really feel a need to inspect it fully. It is actually a pretty small hole in between the 2 and 3 runners, but you can see fully all the way through it. I must admit that I probably should have done a better inspection because none of this would have ever happened. But.... I also expect him to be somewhat of a stand up guy about it. Especially the way he presented himself when we made the transaction.

One other little tid-bit of info is that at first he actually did offer me a full refund when we spoke about it on the phone. He said it would take a week or so cuz he was going out of town. Didn't hear from him for about two weeks when I started emailing and calling him again. At that point he gave me the run around about how he was selling it for some one else, and that it was an as-is deal, basically the whole run-around. He even accused me of swapping it out with another manifold. Then after that, I have not heard from him at all.

My only real reason for all of this is because I paid him a premium price for this manifold. $300 isn't nothing. If I paid like $100 or something like that I would count my losses and be done. It sucks because cast iron isn't exactly the most popular metal for being able to throw some tig weld into the hole and have it last. And for $300 I shouldn't have to. But I also did offer for him to make me a partial refund, a very partial one at that, and he still ignores. So go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar!
How do you buy a manifold, and not notice a hole?

I bought something along with a friend, and when I recieved it all was well.

He seems cool whenever I talk/deal with him.

He is no, "Friend" so I'm stating that from an unbiased oppinion.
stock4door is offline   Reply With Quote