View Single Post
Old 03-31-2023, 08:19 AM   #9
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
It's kind of a 'driving resto'/refresh at this point - I don't have the space or budget for a frame off but this car isn't special enough to warrant it anyway. I bought it in late 2016 with 320,000 miles completely stock and running/driving but tired, and then it sat for about 4 years, kennn and I had vague plans to make a youtube series out of doing a full restoration but we were always too busy and that market is just saturated now. So it became my 'covid project' to just do a mostly mechanical refresh. Engine/trans done, front suspension/steering done (with a DIY/tape measure alignment), rear suspension is mostly as I found it still other than the matching coilovers and I believe things had been replaced at some point in the past because the suspension arms are cleaner than the rest of the chassis and the alignment bolts in there now are possibly not original but I do know the subframe has never been out.

I may drop the whole subframe because I have an S15 HLSD, new rear brake hardlines, and whiteline subframe bushings sitting on the bench right now, but this whole alignment bolt saga really started because my DIY front end alignment sucks and I want to be able to just take it to a pro and get it dialed in properly and drive it for a while. I get unmotivated when I can't drive the car.

Ultimately I don't want to use most non-bushing-equipped aftermarket arms for the same reason - I like driving it on the street - and from what I can tell I have plenty of camber range at my preferred ride height with the stock upper arms so I'm going to stick with them.

What's your goal/reason for using stock alignment hardware?
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote