View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #77
SuicidnS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
SuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruinSuicidnS13 is on the path to ruin
This thread is so full of misinformation now. First of all the tranny is the strong point and the weakness of the gtr. Its what makes it fast and easy to drive. Its also what limits it build capabilities for the average consumer of the car. The clutch packs hoefully have been revised as they are limited to around 500 ftlbs trq. Doesnt take much more than a tune and bolt ons to kill it. The rebuilds are in the tens if thousands, not thousands. I can afford it, but would I. But because I am a highly intelligent and prefer to invest in my play cars wisely a gtr is a bad investment for my needs. I need a car that can take 650-800whp all day and be cheap to maintain all while still being street driveable. The maintenance costs on zr1's and zo6's are less than a 5th the costs of the gtr. A few years of owning a gtr and you couldve bought a zr1. The next level of performance... Hands down.... A true drivers car