View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #78
projectdrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
projectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of lightprojectdrifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to projectdrifter Send a message via Yahoo to projectdrifter
ive driven both mr ace

my take on the whole situation... we are in a hp/tec race.. much like the muscle car era only this is the tec area... kinda of a blend of muscle and brains meet... where smog testing and general limits that were put on cars in the 60/70's have now been enhanced and pushed... to develope the motors of today... but now we have the import in the same mental state... and before u say but the price is diffrent for these cars.. its proportional to inflation .. the high end bb big dog cars of the era equal about the same as what the high end sports cars go for thesedays... just because u see a 1970 mustang dosnt mean it a cobra jet... or an r/t hemi or a 454 camero ect ect...
heck the ultra race cars of the day were pricde high to..

zr1... great car i dont care what people say its the top dog as far as muscle/domestic goes. the price is kinda steep.. but you can get one for a little less than msrp... you can throw slicks on and run killer times.. the car is sexy and hauls azz.... and it pulls it as well. it does look a bit difrrent than ur run of the mill z06 and it does get noticed...

r35... amazing peice of technology... padle shifter that rocks... you cant out shift fluid and for as creature comfort as the r35 is it pulls hard... they take to modds well.. an exhaust makes a world of diffrence... the ladies reconize the r35 as well.... the r35 does do 1 thing the r1 dosn't... rear seats comfortable ones to... the ladies love the back seat as well.

i seen a mention of 1 car ill comment on.

ford gt... now that is a beast of a car... but very crude... very track oriented yes its streetable and managable but i personally would not take it across country on a whim.. maybe to make a statment...its a 5.4 dohc (4 cams) and has a blower to.. much like the gtr... see domestics do it as well. and the ladies love the ford gt as well... and u know this.....

i dont really think the gtr was aimed at any specific group it is a well rounded car.. yup its bulky... but its very quiet,has nice layout and gadgets out the wazooo... its a pleasure to drive daily and for sport it demands similar maintance as the zr1 tho.. just not the trans itself.. the brakes are about the same and price point on maintance on them is roughly the same. the zr1 is a dry sump setup and holds sumthing like 9qts of oil and thats not a cheep oil change..

the price to modd a zr1 is much friendlier.. and does result in some stout numbers... and if ur put a modded r35 and zr1 u might want to keep the bets low... they roll out...

oh and gtr prices have come down... i have seen them up for sale in the mid 50/60 range for mild milage cars... cost of ownership takes a tole and when ur aproaching those big number thing to keep ur warranty you start to think of ways to get out from under it. boths cars have flaws but both are priced quite low for what they compete against and hold their own to... u want to have a exotic,Ferrari,lambo,Porsche, or be on the same level you should expect to pay close to those prices..

state ur view mr ace... u know ive driven all of them.. and thats how i see it... just my opinion and im entitled to it.