View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #82
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ok you are clueless if you think the internals of the GTR trans are an off the shelf Borg Warner system. Nissan is owned by Renault. Renault uses a dual clutch semi automatic in their F1 car the same technology is being used in the GTR . If you think its the standard Borg Warner stuff you need to do a more research.
Obviously you are unfamiliar with product development. Renault/Nissan deal is irrelevant as a F1 car uses a 7 forward gear transmission far different and far more expensive then a GTR trans.

Nissan contracted Borgwarner to build a DSG-style transmission for the new GTR, yes it's "unique" to it self, but that is like saying a T56 is "unique" and "revolutionary different" to a T5 so that if you didn't like driving a manual car, and your experience is in a T5 car, that a T56 is somehow going to be a different system all together.

Quote:
Dribble? No , accurate response to you stating you would a Ferrari 360 over a GTR yes. The Ferrari 360 is a entry level Ferrari that the GTR will make mince meat in practically all aspects of performance.
Plus you will pay 60k for one used and still not get the performance level.

Hence the comment of using a 458 Italia being a much more formidable challenge.
Still Dribble. I don't give a shit that GTR is faster. If I'm spending that cash, I want a car I will enjoy. A 360 or 348, with an actual clutch and shifter, mid-engine screaming V8 and a prancing horse on the hood gets me far harder then "OMFG 0-60 IN 3 SECONDS!!!" or "omfg test driver did 15 seconds on nurgbineraingreaw!!!"

Quote:
I really think you miss the point of a GTR all together. Its not about looks so much as performance. Sure some of us like the look of a GTR but most can agree its not the prettiest automobile to hit the showroom floor.

What it delivers dollar for dollar wise is beyond reproach. The closest thing to that value is a Corvette which I do happen to like in some aspects.
The difference is the Nissan is better in the fit and finish department and all out bang for the buck in my opinion.
No, for Nissan the point of the GTR is to make Money. The point of a Cup Car or Formula Car is to go fast and win races. The GTRs selling point is its performance, but with numbers so close to its competition, for many, like my self, its irrelevant in many cases.

At the end of the day, buying a car is about what the individual values and finds appealing. I want an honest to god manual in my car even it it means I'm .2 seconds slower. Deal with it.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote