View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #90
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Ok you are clueless if you think the internals of the GTR trans are an off the shelf Borg Warner system. Nissan is owned by Renault. Renault uses a dual clutch semi automatic in their F1 car the same technology is being used in the GTR . If you think its the standard Borg Warner stuff you need to do a more research.
Sorry to do this to ya Dave, but some simple Google'ing took me to this Wikipedia page
Nissan GT-R - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...Which had this to say:
"A rear mounted six-speed BorgWarner designed dual clutch semi-automatic transmission built by Aichi Machine Industry is used in conjunction with the ATTESA E-TS system to provide power to all four wheels and along with Nissan's Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC-R) to aid in stability. Three shift modes can also be selected for various conditions."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Either car? Which is the "either". Stop being a forum tool and living your life one quarter mile at a time. There is more to life and enjoying a car than "performance" in the sense of "speed".

And so fucking sorry Gurly Leep Nissan won't allow test drives on there GTRs. They've sold three, none of the owners got to drive them before buying it.... a drivers car indeed.

Whens the last time you took a GTR and 360 to the 'ring..,,GT5 need not apply.
Wait a minuite! Dave is too old to understand how to use A PS3 (I kid!)
Honestly though, I know of the friend he mentioned earlier who has a 360 (unless he knows someone else who owns one), and that person admits that the 360 is crap. Don't get me wrong, looks wise, and since I'm a poor bastid, I'd still take one any day.

Back onto topic, I honestly believe that these two cars are incomparable. The GT-R does have all those fancy driver aids (see what you get in just the quote above), and the ZR1 it's just raw power. One is a refined sports car the other is just brute power, they do the same, but they go about it differently, They're just two different kinds of beasts. Everyone has their own opinion and we can't try to convince the other differently.

Now just give up the arguing and admit the Atom is better.
Wookie384 is offline   Reply With Quote