View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #28
DiscountPirate
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DiscountPirate is an unknown quantity at this point
Car is 99% complete I buttoned some stuff up and installed boost gauge and TT, just waiting on an oem Silvia steering wheel then done. Just wanted to update on the fixes for previous posts.
-Pretty sure the reason that the tach does not work on the gauge cluster is that I put in the wrong cluster and put in a CA18 cluster. I believe that if there is a dotted red between 7000-7500 it is a CA18 cluster, and if no line it is SR20. If using a CA18 cluster for SR20 supposedly you can connect a 10k resistor between two posts on the back middle of cluster to make it work. I plan to swap out to the cluster that came with the drivetrain, but I will test this fix in the process.
-For RHD S13 I was able to fit auto tranny ecu into far upper left corner of footwell using the upper most bolt hole and bottom most ecu bracket hole. Then I had to use a specific RHD engine ECU mounting bracket to mount that ecu to the next hole down. The engine harness comes down from that upper far left corner and sits along top of ecu then plugs in with connector side facing rear of car.
DiscountPirate is offline   Reply With Quote