View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 11:28 AM   #124
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Alright... I've got some time so here we GO! Lets go back to early last year... So I had a pile of anxiety that was starting to spill over in the basement. I wanted to drive this thing down to Final Bout, but I didn't have the time to wrench it myself.

My good friend has a shop (TDT Racing), and I trust him since I've seen his work over time with other builds. I loaded it up in the trunk, and dropped it off at his shop. I was doing the J-pipe delete... Waterpump... New hotside setup with the HPI manifold, turbo, and downpipe. Fluids refresh, and timing... wanted to get rid of the clunking of the rear diff, so I ordered some bushings from S9. Defi Gauges, and some other odds and sods that I'm probably forgetting about.

Anyways we are here for pictures right?

And then the process... Yeah the bay was dirty... but I'm on my way of making it look a heck of a lot better... Promise!

My man took the time to refresh some bits... I didn't even ask him to, but he went above and beyond.

Going along with the refresh, I decided to get the camcovers powercoated. My little one picked the colour

Moved on to the rear... The original rear diff bits I had ordered were for a different car... Awesome So I hit up S9 for their bushings, and I'm glad I did!

...and installed...

And I have a question for some of you... have you really imported a car if there's not a birds nest of wires, hiding under your dash?!?

I'm just happy that its sorted...

My Defi gauges are in! I decided on 52MM as I didn't want them to be super visible from outside of the car. It's close enough that I can rear them accurately.

Fast forward a some time, and she was ready for the voyage to Final Bout!

I was beyond hyped on the drive home...

So there's a rather large update HAHA... Next post will be of me cleaning things, tweaking a few things, and FB!

Cheers!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote