View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 11:12 AM   #27
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
I run FEAL in the Silvia drifty boi because I used them in previous cars and they absolutely fucked [see my R32 for proof]. Sure, you can valve and spring any coil and make them pretty good, but what you're really paying for is fit and finish of the product. FA and FEAL are where I went because they physically build, inspect, and dyno in house so when I open the box, I expect no surprises. Odi [FEAL] even takes it a step further and will help you dial the coils in to your car, engine setup, weight, etc. And he offers rebuilds at a very reasonable cost. With all that, I don't know I'd go anywhere else than FEAL. Also, if you're smart, you buy them when they're on sale which happens throughout the year and the price gap [which isn't big] is just about gone.

Just my two cents. No one is 'wrong' and you'll probably get a great riding coil either way, but Odi personally discussing the setup and ensuring they're dial out of the box was worth the extra bread. You make the call if that service means anything to you.

P.S. I also ran FA on my EVO and one of my S13s and have nothing bad to say about them either. Coils ran great, lasted the test of time, and did whatever I wanted them to do. I gave FEAL a shot when they went on sale for my expensive Silvia build and R32 thrash car and I was hooked and am now a lifer. I have BCs in one of my S13s and they're meh. They work but they don't feel quality in the hand and everything looks very China/mass-produced.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote