View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #44
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamanrr View Post
You do not disappoint
I assumed my post would trounce any of your thoughts, so I took advantage.

Quote:
Again, why did you FAIL up my thread? I have heard and know that the SR loves to get hot and supposedly operates at an optimal range in the 180-200 degree range. I just want to make sure I am on the 180 degree end. It does make a difference since the RWD SR was engineered to have a clutch fan setup.
Oh yes, Nissan also engineered the cars to not have coilovers, bigger turbos, or many things...yet we all modify them. What's really your point?

Well obviously the lower the better. Let me ask this, where is your water temp gauge at in the system? I have two, just wondering where you placed yours.

Quote:
I have ran my car in the 200 to 210 degree range and it sucks. It gets hot in the cabin, hot in the bay and the oil pressure will drop as well as the oil loses viscosity.
Oil will break down at 180 as well if you're on track for 30 minutes straight of WOT. I've never had an issue at 200 for 4 years now of HPDE events. I guess I should go back to that shroud and airplane propeller right?

I know I know..the drifters use them...so they are always right.

Quote:
The coil over comment is especially funny since your coil-overs would not equal my turbo or my leather interior. Pick One.
I'd be willing to bet just my 8611's were worth more than your turbo, and you can buy leather seats for less than the custom housings, hardware, tops/hats/plates. I could go on all day, but you're the expert and should know better than this

Leather interior? LOL. That's the last thing I'd want on track. Even if they were cloth those seats are terrible. I've got 2 GTR seats and 2 OMP seats with bride sliders for track days and tag alongs. Guess my seats are really worth more than your stuff again. My turbo is a bullshit 2871r, that probably makes more power than your overpriced 30r.

(PS: Who cares what stuff is worth, my car is a reliable track car...so it doesn't impress you, big woop - I built it for myself)

Quote:
what will cool better or be more effective? A fan being driven by engine revolution via a pump working off a 350-400 horsepower motor? Or two electronic motors being driven off a 12volt power system and creating additional load and strain on your electrical system?
The parasitic loss from the clutch fan has been proven to pull more power than an electric fan setup, regardless of it's base power or percieved power. Look at a big rig diesel even...when that fan comes on, you're loosing quite a bit of power. Sure it cools, but man does it drain power out...so really, do you really want to keep going with this conversation? I'm not sure how long you're going to "float" vs someone with experience. Seems like you don't like being corrected.

FWIW: I recently ditched the stock alternator anyway. With the ignition system, the meth pump, and the twin fuel pumps, I went with the 125amp quest one. Ever logged your car with everything going on the stock setup? Scary with a car makig power.

Quote:
even if the mechanical fan pulls 1 or 2 percent off the engine it would still be far superior to an electronic motor putting out 20-30 amps or maybe even 60 amps.
LOL.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote