View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #46
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamanrr View Post
Nope, never said that run what you want but who knows I might switch back come winter if it keeps it too cold.
Explain how it would keep it cool below 180, being that the thermostat opens there?

Quote:
and I am sure it fits your needs well. My goal however was to build a comfortable street car. All my accessories work from a/c, cruise control, to the freaking window shield wiper reservoir. Not many sr swapped 240s can say that.
Yawn, my 'track car' has had all of those options since doing the swap ages ago. Since you want to 'pick pennies' does your Consult port work?

Quote:
I bet I would not lose any more than 2 to 3 percent over the power range if that. It makes the car run better and idle better.
So why not prove your point, and find information comparing parasitic loss of the clutch fan, vs current draw of the electric setup. I'd love to know (seriously) if you could find any information on it. Sure my 'retort' may be basic, but most 'race' cars don't run clutch fans, neither do any new RWD motors. If the clutch fan was truley the better option, why wouldn't we see them on the newer cars? Again, I may not have any scientific poof at the moment for you, but I couldn't begin to tell you the last timke I saw a clutch type fan on any sort of performance oriented car.

Quote:
See point proven.
What point, that my meth injection, ignition amp, and fans overpower the stock alternator? I guess I should get rid of them, reduce power, and put the stock fan back on. That would be best, that's how Nissan engineered the engine 20 years ago

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote