View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #71
futures14drift
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
futures14drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Or you could have checked it's health with a compression test, and if it checked out, pulled it and resealed it all for a couple hundred dollars, at most. And using that money, you could have had a much nicer, tighter, more precise suspension.

I hope to god when you say you filled holes, you didn't go and bondo a bunch of screw holes in the engine bay, sounds like a great way to have the bare threads rust out (being in the northeast) when water inevitably gets in from the back. It might make more sense to just paint them to seal them, so when you have things to mount you'll have a place to mount them.
I never even said i filled the holes, i said i was going to. And just because im young does not mean i don't know how to approach things. I plan to weld a bead and sand it down to prep for paint.

About the suspension, my bad for not explaing well enough. I meant as in upgrade wise and what NEEDS to be taken care of. I plan to re do my whole suspension like control arms, etc with quality parts. Sorry that my build is not at a fast pace as i attend high school. Im working on the suspension as soon as i can.
futures14drift is offline   Reply With Quote