View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 03:40 PM   #381
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:

I was able to get in a couple hours at the shop last night. I was able to finish the manifold to turbo flange runner shapes, and also have BJ weld it up. I also finished the 3" to 4" V-band out of the turbo.

So before I post pics I just wanted to say that I've gotten a bunch of crap for not having bj back purge both of these items. But truth is... I'm sure it's relevent. And once everything is tacked together and were done with the shape of the manifold, we'll be back purging the whole thing. But we didn't back purge these two pieces. There wasn't much trash on the inside of either welds aside from a small line of salty left-overs so I simply used the porting tool to get it all off and smoothed out the imperfections till I was satisfied.

V-band Welded and wire wheeled

Inside garbage

Doesnt take much to get all the Sugar trash off

But the end product is wayy smoother and gives me a better piece of mind as well

Bj Welding

Inside of the divide welded

Outside

Top of the flange

Inside after using the porting tool to blend in the imperfections

Heres a bad pic but the shape is very nice. There are no lips and I'm very happy with how well it turned out.

More of my mandrel bends....can't wait to get started once I get the motor back!! Looking forward to it.
And Flange on the turbo, as well as the Exhaust V-band transition! Looking like a million bucks!

Stay tuned. Next big update will be when I get the Motor back and the everything back together so I can start building the manifold into the turbo etc.!!