Thread: S13/S14 to 350Z
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #75
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
There are a lot of variables that go into it. For example, sure 11k cash will buy most Z's and one crazy Shit-chasis. However, how many people have 11k cash for a car? Many would likely finance the Z, so 2k down, thats $215 a month for 4 years. Most guys working at 7/11 can swing that.

Now if you go and buy a roller/single-cammer/project for $2k... you are driving a pile of shit for a VERY LONG TIME before you can match that stock 350Z.

Very few 240's are a turbo upgrade away from being cool. Many need lots of restoration and work. Thats money and down time. Changing out all those bushings, fixing rust, figuring out how to get A/C working again, chasing electrical issues, rebuilding blown JDM-yo motors.

From what I see, most people leave them stock actually. Most of the cool looking cars are actually still N/A KAs (they left no money for speed).

Daemon could have had 2 x Z33s for the cost of this guy...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8040/8...76c0a6e7_z.jpg
You're preaching to the choir. My point is that I'd never say the 350Z > 240sx or vice versa because of all of the variables that should be considered. That decision should come down to: What are you looking for from this car & what is your budget?

Both are good, but there is point of receding returns that the Z hits before the S-chassis, IMO. But to beat a dead horse: S2000 turbo = better then both.