View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 11:47 PM   #29
RavenSpirit

Trader Rating: (0)
RavenSpirit is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a 91 240sx because my stepdad had one and I used to like it. Loved that car. Had it for a few months, and sold it before I deployed in 2010. Years later, I'm kicking myself square in the ass because it was a good condition, unmolested 240sx that I could have taken the 8k I came back from deployment with and done a V8 swap to it. Instead, I took the car I paid 3k for and sold it for 750 because it had what I now know to be minor issues... plus I didn't want to hassle with it being stored... I have learned a lot about cars since then, and I can't believe I sold it for that little due to the minor problems I had with the car and my own laziness.

I want another S13, badly...

On the subject of the "scene", OPs post is the reason I don't go to car meets and such anymore. Everyone wants to tell me what to do with my car or why their car is better, especially on the import/tuner side of things. It irks me.

I'm also kind of scared to try and buy a 240SX again because most of them are beat to hell and drifted and wrecked, salvage title, etc. I'd love to find a nice, clean title stocker like I had before. My stepfather's was a mint condition stock black coupe, and he loved that thing... if only if only