View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 08:53 AM   #76
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Because I'm after a sustainable business model, not a quick buck.

If I'm after a quick buck I wouldn't have bothered getting back into this business, I could've cashed out all my stock proceeds from last year.

People forget that selling a set or selling 5 sets of Blitz 03s for $2-4k profit is great, but it just means you'll constantly run out of things to sell. Discontinued and otherwise hard to find parts are great for a collector or someone trading/reselling used parts, but the value is only as high as the market thinks it is, and all you need is for a mishap to happen to destroy all the value in your inventory.
I'd argue that you can do both and it simply comes down to investments in marketing. Sure the wait is long and there's possible issues with availability and the up front cost to order the items, but you seem to take more of a supplier role than a direct consumer role. Someone already mentioned before that one of these hustlegangboi's will most likely flip your parts and you're ok with that? Not that I want to see your prices increase, but I'd rather see someone reap the full benefits of the market of the amount of risk taking that you mentioned in your other thread. Social media and ecommerce are just a few of the outlets these guys are utilizing to reach such people that are paying insane prices for used crap. These buyers most likely just don't know about you.

To your second point it's an apples to oranges comparison. You're dealing with actual suppliers producing new parts. The other dudes flipping Blitz 03 are dealing with discontinued items that they found on YAJ.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote