View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 07:45 PM   #85
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Yeah, I'm not flipping it for enough money.

My order of Nissan parts ($60k worth) just got the logistics sticker shock: Freight forwarder is quoting me $18000 to move my 20' container, instead of the ~$4000 when I started this last year. Just the cost to move the container, add on another $1200 for duties and $1-2k more for the port logistics.

That about wipes out all my profits and I might even lose money after all said and done.

Yeah, keep whining about flippers. People that flip (resell) product for profit take a risk.

To each their own.
We uh...we will?

I get it. You got a bad shake man...like really shitty. You are still defending LuckyLabo and YAJ vultures by comparing it to what you do. It is not the same. You are not the same.

In all honesty, I think you were just looking for an excuse to bitch, which is fine. We all do it on Zilvia.

You are not like the people we are 'whining' about but I think you wanted a reason to whinge about your circumstances. Again, I'm all for it because you legitimately got fucked due to COVID and logistics...but don't try to cheapen our concerns by saying you are the same as SJerin and LuckyLabo and then using that basis to tell everyone we're just not 'businessmen' like you guys. You are not part of 'you guys' even though you keep comparing yourself to them.

TL;DR:

I'm sorry this shit happened to you, but stop comparing yourself to shit-tier IG boys doing this for 'parts clout'. I think you are undervaluing yourself by saying you're on the same level as these people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Now are the inflated container fees a result of covid and the giant backlog? I'm sure it's more complicated than that, but if it were boiled down...
Probably. Storage fees, maybe inspection fees.