View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 11:58 PM   #88
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
The reason why I posted it here is because my situation illustrates the RISK every flipper/seller/importer/reseller/etc faces, there is an inherent risk in trying to procure parts to sell.

I can go on YaJ tomorrow and buy a bunch of parts to resell. Hell, I don't even have to do it myself, my friend in Japan can do it for me full time and undercut everyone else.

But much like every thing sold by every person looking for a profit, it's just a question of what profit margin they want for their time. Some are after maximum profit, others know how to buy rare/hard to find parts and flip for a profit, both are fine.

If I really wanted to complain, I would've done so 10+ years ago when the exchange rate was above 115-120 JPY to 1 USD, and everyone (and their mothers) stationed in Japan were shipping goods via USPS domestic mail from APO/FPO, at rates that no one else could touch.

every single Up Garage or other shop/store was raided to the point where there was nothing left. This went on for years, no one complained about it then, no one complains about it now.... even though that stuff was all subsidized by the US taxpayer. Ebay sellers were a dime a dozen before all this Facebook/Instagram/social media stuff.

Some people just know how to hustle. That's all.

You buying parts via Nissan is not the same as someone using Streeter, buyee, or Crooober. I get the point you're making, but you investing in a container with the risk of it being delayed, pulled and expected, or having COVID happen isn't the same.

Selling stuff as a business via FPO is not authorized. I have been asked (when sourcing parts for friends) at the post office if I am a business. If your (strange) argument was that they were tanking the market, shouldn't you respect them for 'knowing how to hustle'?

Everyone was/is complaining about Crooober/UpGarage.

For the thousandth time: you are putting these dudes on the same level as you. They are not. They do not have containers with BNIB parts from the factory or a legitimate business, let alone a contact at any of these companies. Do you understand my point?

I'm not using the word 'whine' disparagingly. I was using the same word you used to define this thread lol.