View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #28
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
I'm bumping this old thread because Wheel Adapter is still in business and Fred is still alive and well - providing us with a bad assed product.

I went there yesterday to have some spacers machined for this POS Mazda I am finalizing. Car runs 16x8 Enkei RP-F1 (+38) which is the lowest offset they come in (bleh). I wanted a slightly lower offset... you know, in case I decide to wear tight pants and hang out with the HERRA FRUSH fruitcakes, this way we can sit around our cars and talk about how lonely and useless we are.

Anyway, I arrived at Fred's shop (which is STILL hard to find) with the following info written on my Post-It note:
- 4x100 PCD
- Hub Bore Diameter
- Wheel Bore Diameter
- Spacer Diameter

within about 1 hour, I was in and out of the shop. I was able to test-fit a spacer they had on-hand, about 25mm wide. It was too wide. I ended up going with an 18mm spacer which makes the wheel offset +20. 1 hour and a few bucks poorer, but the car is sitting pretty and drives SOLID. Cant complain about a custom machined hub & wheel centric billet spacer.

I said it years ago and I'm saying it again, Fred Goeske @ wheel adapter is #1. Big thanks to Kevin for the machine work. He runs the machines like a mother fucker.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote