View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #48
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Well said Mel, in fact I cannot really ad much. Except to say that I think it will happen and I don't think it will have as much HP as a lot of people are dreaming for. I peg HP estimate at 170-200.
I honestly expect the FT 86 to come out a lot worse than the concept and it to be much heavier. I.E. no faith in Toyota as far as sports cars are concerned.

Hell even the Hyundai is proving to be a ugly not as great as you all thought it was going to be fail in my opinion.
I agree on the HP aspect. I can see them coming out with the SX topping out at 200hp. 200 would be the sweet spot for me. I don't care about 0-60 and quarter mile times. Even if it just ran a high 14 I'd be happy in that department. My 3rd Gen Eclipse had 200 hp and weighed around 2900lbs and I was able to get into the 14's easily. Again though a department that doesn't make that much of a difference to me. But if this thing could weight 2600-2700lbs and have 200hp it would be mighty fun.