View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #31
Danger_Dorn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Danger_Dorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardsr20 View Post
Is your cts specific for that year car/chassis? If I remember correctly when I last checked my cts (the 2 prong next to the single prong underneath intake runner number 1(the single prong is just the dash unit, doesn't affect ecu)) at 80f outside before first initial startup was 2.6 kilo ohms to normal operating temps at 0.8 kilo ohms.

You can bypass the knock sensor buy installing a 1 k ohm resistor into the pigtails just until you can figure out the problem. From what I've read nissan knock sensors are constantly sensitive and it gets worse with stiffer suspension, etc. Just keep an eye on those wideband readings. You go lean you grenade your engine.

I had the same problem recently with mpg and I have to say its a vacuum/boost leak somewhere. After I installed an afpr (walbro 255 instal) and found my leak (normal op temps @ idle should be 15inhg), it doesn't take a quarter of a tank to drive 30 miles now. Before finding my leaking pcv I was @ 9inhg at idle with normal temps. Also, with the leak my startups were crap. After the leak was fixed startup improved.
My 2 cents. Hope it helps you.
Thanks man yeah my vac is like -9 right now so should I test the pcv by blocking it off? It rattles but could still be f'd up.
Danger_Dorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links