View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 08:25 AM   #26
Snilssson
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Snilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really niceSnilssson is just really nice
Guess who?s back!

Took the car out of winter storage and drove it 30km back home, everything felt fine but the brake warning light lit up as I was almost home so drove it straight to work for a check up and some minor maintenance items.

Despite raising the car around 20mm around it?s still super low, that will be changing though.

Heres the issue, one of the pistons in these freshly renovated calipers were leaking.. S13 life

Wanted to replace the catback exhaust but all the mounting rubbers were changed so couldn?t be bothered with it and put the current exhaust back. I might just replace the exhaust tip in the future..

Another issue I have known about is oil leakage from the turbo oil return, I had a new OEM gasket so I replaced that. I also changed the engine oil to Motul 8100 5W-40.

Considering the boost management discussion I made an effort to install a waste gate with a 1,0bar base pressure. I?m aiming for 1,0-1,1bar so with this I won?t need to adjust any boost pressure with the bleed valve hopefully.

Had to do some welding and customization to get it to fit but it turned out pretty good.

Didn?t get a chance to test drive it with the leaky caliper but will get around to it soon enough.

Next thing will be to install these S14 seats I picked up for almost nothing, they only have 60,000km on them and are in really nice condition.

Snilssson is offline   Reply With Quote