View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 11:41 PM   #4227
Hareball

Trader Rating: (0)
Hareball is an unknown quantity at this point
Car: stock body/suspension S13 180SX.

Mods that are going to be installed all in one go: Evo8 front calipers/rotors, z32 rear calipers/rotors/parking brake, 5 lug hub swap, Tein Super Street coilovers w/ front camber plate, z32 bmc, z32 parking brake cable.

I'm pretty confident that Gramlight DR57s in 17x9 will clear the front/rear calipers. The car linked here is running +22 offsets and seems to clear what look like z32/GTR front Brembos.

If I plan on running a less aggressive camber setup than him (-2ish front, just a bit negative in the rear) which should be feasible with the coilovers installed.

My main question is the GramLight 57DRs are available in +22 and +38 offset. I've been looking at the difference between the two using various websites and I mostly just want to know whether the +22 or +38 will clear the calipers and suspension better and what will require me to roll/pull fenders. My primitive monkey brain can't tell what's the better option between the two.

Wheels will be GramLight Rays 57DR 17x9 and tires will be 245/40/17 Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 (I live in the PNW, so wet traction is basically a summer tire). I'm not interested in slamming the car and don't mind having a bit of wheel gap if it means I clear the inner wheel area.

Edit: VividRacing has them in +12, +22, and +38 so any of those options are on the table.

Last edited by Hareball; 01-10-2021 at 06:57 PM..
Hareball is offline   Reply With Quote