View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 01:16 AM   #45
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Decided to get started on my hydro set up that i have been designing in my head for a long time.
(Anyone who sees this and wants to copy my concept go ahead)
Ive only seen a couple set ups similar to mine being extended. I used this design for 2 reasons, im tall and my knees would hit the Master cylinder if i placed it up front, and with a full interior car making things as sleek and hidden as possible is a plus for me.

Im using the GKtech dual caliper bracket that still allows me to use the Z32 ebrake. So yes i now have 3 separate brakes on the rears.
I fabbed the handle at a friends machine shop, SS lines made at Baker precision, and the bracket holding the master i made of some 304 stainless i had around. Keep in mind under the car there is a supporting plate to stiffen up the area i am bolting to that i did not get a pic of. If you dont do this the floor will flex like crazy when the brake is pulled.
The extension is stainless and threaded specific for the swivel joint on the lever and the master. The bracket holding the lever is designed to fit like stock directly under the shift boots with absolutely no trimming of the center console. All scews to take off the console are still accessible as well.

Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote