View Single Post
Old 03-31-2020, 02:16 PM   #64
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Sick stripes

I forced myself to update haha. Sometimes I just feel like I don’t care about doing it but I also want to have something to look back at and laugh about or get excited to see how far things have advanced so anyway. Yeah

So, after doing those two events last year I felt the need to just kind of take a break on my s13. Not that it?s some crazy build or anything...I just genuinely wanted to focus on other things for a little bit.

I swapped a new overflow and some shifter return springs in. That?s about the extent of my off season prep haha

Then, I decided that my reliable Volvo was not fast enough so I swapped a B230ft in I went through and resealed/new gaskets along with that a borgwarner t5 from a mustang with the 5.0.
I completed the swap and had it going down the road in a month. It was still very cold and I have no heat in my garage so it was a lot of dragging going on with work and weather

Car runs great and is actually pretty quick even with a small td04hl on it. Its on 11ish psi and pulls pretty hard.

Then I bought a another daily for my old lady and not a month into owning it blew a headgasket. Did it at work in between actually working on other vehicles in a day and a half.

ALSO, I forgot to mention I had around $1200 worth of tools stolen out of my car which was pretty much everything I had for working on cars outside of work. Yes I have plenty of tools in my box at work but still sucks to have everything ripped out of your hands like that. It was a stupid mistake I made and needless to say that set me back and I will not be making that mistake again.

That sorta brings me closer to date.
I ended up parting ways with a few wheels and picking up a pair of fat vs6 to pit with my skinny model 6?s lol. They were white and I was not in love with them in white on my car so I spray painted them and hate it. They are 17x9+35 with 215/40?s. Probably going to end up having them powder coated.

Then and only then did I decide to make a poor mistake. I bought a truck. A big ol’ stinky one. Logical? No. But, after my friend towing my car all the way to Xenia,OH for that last event with his aluminum open trailer, in his duramax Colorado with 4 people...i could not return to street driving to my local track as it’s an hour and a half away. No where near as nice but it fits me in a way if you know me. I like shit boxes.

Deetzzz
89 dodge d250(2wd)
Single cab long bed
727 3 speed auto
Dana 60 I believe
12v 6bt non ic cummins
Hx35
Horrible exhaust out of the pass fender
Rusty but motor has no blowby

And runs good but definitely needs work in a bunch of other areas but just like anything I’m going to dump money into it so I can less then half back. It’s what I do. Tried to sell it due to buyers remorse but every time I drive it I’m like this is the shittiest, coolest truck haha. Some maybe can relate or maybe not.

Last edited by Fuglychuki91; 04-02-2020 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Bullshit
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote