View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 10:44 PM   #71
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
Man, I?ve sorta been working on this thing here and there. Actually more then I want to but I?m guilty of the fact that sometimes working on this stupid thing is well...therapeutic in ways.
Something in me felt the need to try and do my best to make this car better in a bunch of different ways. The quest for a compromise in between a low/better handling machine. Something I felt was a culmination of what I like in a car.
I understand it?s not everyone?s cup of tea and 180 styling imo has a bunch of do?s and donts so please forgive me, if I stray haha.
Last drive I think before I decided to be stupid and put this thing on jackstands

Any how. Ive been trying to just get the car to a state that I don?t believe it?s been in for a while. So naturally, I ordered some parts. A good internet friend of mines recommended nismo mounts to raise the pan above the subframe and are a great alternative to most of the sold polyurethane mounts that are offered.
So, I scored a full set bnib(trans mount included) for $230 off eBay! Pretty neat.

Put them in

The clearance I gained definitely seemed to be a bit higher then the gktech ones I had, so that?s a plus and I?m hoping the car will feel less harsh aswell. Ignore my already smashed oil pan

I sold off my gktech rcc correction kit and paid for heatmaker hotside knuckles that Julian makes.I also held onto a front subframe I modified for my old car moving the rack 25mm forward. Decided to put that in along with some better shape es bushings I had laying around.

I also was given the opportunity at the first opening event at the localish track to ?borrow? a car along with my good friend Allen that I drove usair with. My good friend trey got this really cool shot of me figuring it out

Seeing/ride alongs with my friends propelled me to continue working on my car even when 50+ hour work weeks filled with working on cars drains you to the point where working on your own car is well...UNINTERESTING. Hahaha I?m sure many of you know the pain.

So, back to the shop !
Extended the old control arms I had on my car 25mm to pair with the new knuckles. This was my first time And I don?t have the proper tools but I?m willing to try something myself.

Also, went ahead and replaced this stupid bushing

That brings me to the rear of the car. Two people I talk to a bunch who are like minded In the sense that they appreciate the low style/stock body style schassis both had ended up getting some driftworks geomaster 2 knuckles for the rear and although they needed a very small amount of modification being they are not built off the stock knuckle. So, I went ahead and picked some up and they went in pretty smoothly. I did run into some issues running higher offset 9j 17s (+35 specifically) in the rear because of this, but I shaved the lcas down a little bit to gain clearance and there?s a chance the car will have to be raised some to compensate anyway for the knew rear knuckles. A small spacer will alleviate this issue.

Also, went ahead and replaced the rear lca bushings with some poly ones for better articulation! Haha

Also, decided to do a minor brake upgrade along with some ss lines all the way around and some e brake extensions.

I have a drive tomorrow but my old lady will be driving so I?ll post some more progress tomorrow. Until then
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote