View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #72
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road
So, I also ended up picking a c?s (first style) short shifter. I liked the shifter return springs but my cars shifting still felt super sloppy. I personally don?t like short shifters so it was a toss up between this and a nismo solid shifter.

Installed on bronze bushing I had bought awhile ago on the c?s because why not

I then fixed the headlight motor wiring. In the time I?ve owned this car, it?s never had functioning pop ups. Along with that, I fixed my headlights in general because after the last event I drove in October I lost one light, then when I was cruising Woodward in Detroit I lost the other. So, I did that and installed some led bulbs in the position lights !

Decided to fab up a small brace for my tension rod brackets. I?ve already dumped more money than this car is probably worth into it so I figured I?d might as well try my hand at something. This is flux core too because I let someone borrow my welder and they broke my regulator so I haven?t used gas since. The bottom of the brackets will be braced as well and I?m thinking of ways I can make them a bit more low car friendly.

That pretty much brings me up to date. I decided to try dyeing some carpet I got a while back or spray painting essentially. Didn?t come out too bad! We will have to see how long it lasts like that though. Before

After

I also went ahead and reinforced these things a second time as the first time my welds were a bit too cold and cracked where the typical flexing occurs.

Currently still waiting on knuckles to show up so the front end can be put back together and I can decide if 25mm extended flca is enough or too little of an extension for what I?m trying to achieve.i also came across some cool bits I felt the need to buy I guess
Yashio factory tension rod to frame braces I thought were neat. Maybe even a bit over kill

Also, another water temp gauge because I love the first version and was sad when I sold my other one due to it not working with 89-90 wiring. This one is thankfully a 2 channel probe style which I rarely see for sale so the hope is I can get it functioning on my car!

LASTLY(wow I?m long winded) I bought another tow truck
96 auto, extended cab long bed, 2WD and 12v! Texas truck until this past fall so beat up but no rust. I?m happy
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote