View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #128
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240trainee View Post
Monty - looks good, you gonna lower any more? With a bit of a pull, you could go at least an inch lower and still have all the travel I assume you want.
Thanks! I'm not going any lower just yet. If you look at my tire/spring perch picture back a few posts you'll see that I'll need spacers (10mm minimum) if I drop the car even 1/4". If I do that then I'm sure I'll have issues with the tires clearing the fenders, and I'm not ready to purchase wide fenders yet. Funds are currently going towards finishing the rear 86XX suspension/Z32 uprights and some safety equipment. I'll be coming back to getting wider fenders once I verify (first few track days of 08) that a 275/40 RA-1 is the tire I want to stick with and go lower then.

Another issue I have is that I live in an area that is very hilly, driveways and alot of the local businesses have steep entrances that cause low cars issues with scraping entering/exiting.

I do have an Eastwood fender roller in the garage and will be using that and whatever else it will take to roll/pull the fenders to fit what I have now. I'm sure with the spring rates that I'm running that it probably isn't needed unless I have an off at high speeds... which is more than possible with my local track and lack of ABS.

I was able to take a few more pictures from the front and back after finishing up the install this last weekend... to bad there's still snow on the ground here or I'd be out driving it

McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote