View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #42
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
They have a OEM SR20VET that is AWD, It only uses VVL on the intake cam. The Exhaust cam doesn't kick like the non turbo SR20VE P11 and P12 SR20VE. The SR20VET head is the same as the SR20VE P12 head you just need exhaust rockers from a N/A VE to make the conversion. The cams are also milder on the SR20VET. Confused yet lol?

Yes. Thoroughly. So you use the OEM N/A VE cams and exhaust rockers in the VET head so that you'll have VVL on both the intake & exhaust side? I'm still trying to determine if this is worth my time & effort since I have pretty mild goals. I need to see some video or dyno breakdowns to see what are the real world merits of this. Like, if someone did what you described above & used a stock DET turbo like a T25 or T28, what would the gains be? What would this VET conversion yield with a GT2871r or EFR 6258 versus a DET head? Trying to compare & contrast...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote