View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 AM   #77
mhubeny180sx
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
mhubeny180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Dude, what is your deal? For real? Why such a chip on your shoulder?

Serious. Calm the fuck down and stop trying "win" every argument. The bottom line is that you simply can not run those wheels, those spacers without A LOT of body work.

Also, you keep mentioning safety for the justification for your spacers. The bottom line is that spacers aren't safe. If you want safe, buy wheels that fit with out the use of spacers. (I understand that you love these discontinued wheels)

Spacers put extra wear and tear on your drive line components, messes with the geometry and adds an additional failure point per wheel. (I don't care if they are made from titanium)

Please stop. This isn't a dick measuring contest, you are a keyboard cowboy and responding to the other trolls. If it is your car, and this is how you want it to look, you honestly should not be asking for advice here. You know what the answer is (also it's been post by me and others). You will need to pay someone to do the work for you and they will tell you that it's not possible or they will charge you a ton to do it (which clearly isn't a concern for you).

Honestly, do you think the hatch you referenced earlier made a post like this? No, he wanted to do it had the skills, or knew someone who does, to make it happen.

You can't ask a dumb question and not expect snarky responses.

oh im sorry I didn't realize you had degree in engineering and physics from the university of google. Spacers are as safe as you make them. These spacers were made by a company professionally with a lot of experience making spacers (mostly for 4x4 applications) so I think they know what they are talking about when they sent me instructions to follow, making sure i had enough thread to attach to, proper torque, adjusting and adding lock tite after a certain amount of kilometers. I fail to see how a literal extension of the hub puts any more wear and tear on drive line components than a no spacer wheel would with the exact same offset.