View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #45
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
That looks really good!

Is it cheaper than the Mazworx kit?
Honestly, I didn't even look at pricing to begin with. I looked for the best kit and then it came down to cut and shut bellhousing, custom tailshaft, working out a Shifter solution, etc. I decided it was easier to just get it all through someone in Aus, and not have to deal with multiple companies. InsaneDrifters are about the only mob to do the whole bolt in kit locally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I believe the Mazworx kit is actually slightly cheaper than the InsaneDrifters kit. However the InsaneDrifters kit has a way better shifter relocation solution than Mazworx. The Mazworx relocation requires cutting the hole in the chassis although it does come with a metal plate to cover the new hole and clean it up. Also it BARELY clears the plastic shifter trim in S14 and in S13 it actually touches the trim in 2nd, 4th, 6th and Reverse.

I went with the Mazworx full kit myself, had to send the bellhousing back initially as they forgot to machine a relief for the 2nd gear selector rod, and they exchanged it for a revised one that should be arriving in the mail tomorrow.
That hole is part of the reason I went ID. With our modification laws, it will make life easier if I get sent over the pits.