View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 12:40 PM   #96
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobie View Post
I'm personally using a CD001 transmission out of a v35 Skyline that has been upgraded with the CD009 synchros and throwout fork/pivot. Managed to get it cheap because of the number written on the side. The donor car had 60,000kms (40,000miles) when it was written off, and the internals look brand new (I was informed that the gearbox was rebuilt with the update kit not long before the car was crashed).

You cannot install a CD009 synchro set into a non CD009 transmission. It does not fit. I don't know what this "update kit" is that you're talking about but that trans was most likely rebuilt with the regular synchro set it came with. I asked the owner at Extreme Auto Concepts in Phoenix about this and they specialize in 350z's, he said he tried it before and the parts just won't work.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote