View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #48
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
i drafted some toyota bumper brackets this weekend and we printed them for my room mates truck in PLA. we printed them with a fair amount of infill (so theyre not hollow). pretty damn strong for the material used. i dont think it will hold up, but my room mate thinks it will. maybe im not giving PLA enough credit?

that being said, i will try to post a pic of it later.
PLA will give you a nice surface finish and produce a good looking part but it is very brittle and weathers poorly. For automotive components, you're better off printing in ABS. Post up some pictures of it!

I designed and printed a bracket to hold my sunroof in place without the tracks. Hard mounts the glass roof on the coupe s13. Its done in ABS with a almost solid infill. Has held up pretty good. I'll try to grab some pictures of it soon.