View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #2961
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Most paint jobbers (paint suppliers) will have a spectrophotometer, so you can take it to them and see what it comes up with. If the body shop is large enough they will have on already there. Unless the color had some crazy flake or pearl thrown into it, odds are that "custom black" is just something the painter knew off the top of his head. 8555 GM black, or 202 Toyota (which coincidently is almost exactly like M. Benz black) are two that are used so often when guys want black that I wouldn't be surprised if that what it would up being.
This is good to know.

I tried to get the paint code from the shop that painted my car, but the guy who painted it told me "it wasn't anything from an existing paint code". As for the paint it just looks like a deep gloss black.
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote