View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 12:29 PM   #50
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
For some wheels for sure, especially when the spokes extend all the way to the center. For others like the RPF1 where the center is just a 'dish' I think they really just have 4 and 5 lug castings. And plenty of inexpensive wheels just have a single casting for each size, which you can tell since the mounting surface face is just flat all the way across with no cast-in reliefs between the lugs.
I'd be curious what the tooling really looks like. Unfortunately, every width and offset likely requires a separate set of tools since this will dictate the shape of the face, distances, etc. Same with the hub bore, etc. I work in a foundry, and honestly even some very simple castings require a ton of core work.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote