View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 04:34 PM   #54
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADriver View Post
For me it's just not economical to spend $500 converting my car to 5 lug to buy a set of <$1000 wheels.
And for the manufacturers it is just not economical to make a small batch of wheels in a specific lug pattern.

Very few consumers understand how massive tooling costs are, and it is not just changing a design parameter on a CAD rendering. Before with 5Zigen, the factory making FN01R-Cs wanted upwards of $10k each variation of spoke design or backpad, so we would save money by just making a generic 17" flat spoke face, have 2 variations for backpad that can be used for both 4 and 5 lug bolt patterns, and either add material to the backpad for lower offset or just drill different bolt patterns as long as it didn't compromise the wheel strength.

Beyond that, there's also MOQ requirements, factories will not waste their time unless you order sufficient quantities or dollar amounts for wheels. At the end of the day high offset 414 wheels are not meant for this chassis, just leave it at that.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote