View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #32
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
I’ve seen the theory, but like FaLKon240 below, I have known kouki people it affected too - so I don’t think the theory of it being a Zenki issue only is completely true. There is another theory that the crack is caused by bad subframe bushings causing the subframe to bounce / put pressure on the tank. Maybe there is some validity to that? Would be interesting to see if someone with solid or poly bushings experienced the problem after replacing the bushings.
As a matter of fact... I've had solid subframe bushings for i dunno... 5-8 years now. My S14 has 405,000 miles on it. Never had a cracked fuel tank. Dunno if that's a coincidence or if that's the reason.

Err someone mentioned something about clogged fuel filter and excess pressure in the tank. I'm been running a z32 tt fuel filter for the longest time. Dunno if that makes a difference or not either. Maybe less prone to clogging vs oem 240sx-sized fuel filter. I dunno, just throwing some ideas out there.

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.

Last edited by MrMigs; 10-25-2018 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: about fuel filter
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote