View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #56
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
So I've had a lot of "idle" time while I wait for more things to arrive, and was going back and forth with running a kit. Part of me wanted to run OEM, and a vented hood. Another part of me wanted to kit the car... And man, some local shops were making it hard for me to even THINK about purchasing a kit. Lots of "yeah we can get that" and no replies after that. Some places didn't even reply in the first place.

Then I could have a vendor in the US get me something, but again... The exchange rates right now are in the crapper with the Canadian dollar, and I'd still have to cross the boarder to pick it up.

I was going to just sucking it up and getting Streeter to ship me something cool. I had a few kits on the short list... BN (duh), Traum, Origin Lab, and Car Modify Wonder. I actually liked what I had seen from Car Modify Wonder on my trip to Japan last year. I'm just too damn in decisive a lot of the time so I never pulled the trigger.

After being let down with a local distributor, my good friend got me in touch with the person who distributes Origin Labo for all of Canada. After a few phone calls, I decided to order up the "Stylish line" kit. And the best part? It was in stock, and I had it in hand the following week! You can't beat that!

So then, I was off to pick up the kit from the local (stupid large and busy) shipping terminal. After running around like a headless chicken getting paper work, passes, and directions, I'm on my way back home!

I had to play a bit of tetris tying to get the pieces to fit in the Lexus SUV. What you don't see in the above picture is the reclined seat, with the aero sticking out the rolled window. It made for a interesting ride home at stop lights.

Man it was a tight fit... Anyways, made it home in once piece, and I'm happy with the purchase.

Next up... rim selection among other things...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote